Subscribe to the LUIS Technology newsletter now and keep up-to-date with the latest developments.
LUIS SMART PREVENT
IMPROVING ROAD SAFETY BY EVALUATING NEAR MISSES
In addition to our systems for active warning in road traffic, LUIS has created a solution that not only detects accident hazards in real time and actively warns the driver but can also preventively alert the driver to a dangerous accident situation. The LUIS SMART PREVENT system is an advanced GPS tracker that uses a turn assist to send detected near misses to a LUIS server via mobile communications. In the portal, all hot spots are visually displayed as so-called hotspots for the user, especially for cities and municipalities.
Today, LUIS can provide municipalities with information about the danger of certain regions, for example, so that adjustments can be made to traffic lights, infrastructure and speed limits, or other road users can be informed (C-ITS). This makes it possible to defuse accident hot spots.
A connection of the LUIS PREVENT database to data analysis tools such as Microsoft Power BI allows interactive analyses, e.g.:
- Identification of intersections where the risk of accidents is particularly high
- Identification of intersections where the risk of accidents is particularly high at certain times
- Close inspection due to high magnification of the potential danger points
- Background analyses on the cause of new danger points
- Clustering the top 20 potential hotspots with accurate hotspot geospatial data.
- Preventive defusing of hot spots
If you would also like to prevent accidents or have further ideas, please contact us!