Subscribe to the LUIS Technology newsletter now and keep up-to-date with the latest developments.
Goods transport and logistics
REAR VIEW CAMERAS AND TURN ASSISTANTS HELP
LOGISTICS COMPANIES TO KEEP TRACK
The logistics sector is characterised by complex storage and distribution processes as well as the use of frequently heavy vehicles. In goods traffic, every motion matters and maximum safety for all parties is vital.
Accurate, unobstructed, all-round visibility is essential to meet all these requirements. Efficiency and effective process management are further essentials for logistics companies.
LUIS’s state-of-the-art rear view systems and turn assistants offer solutions that are ideally suited to meet the requirements of customers in the logistics and goods transport sector. Our solutions allow for efficient operation and exceptionally safe manoeuvring of different logistics vehicles, such as HGVs, forklift trucks, cranes or transporter vans. Telematics systems and cloud-based fleet management complete a state-of-the-art steering management offering to support the movement of vehicles and goods in the logistics sector.
Please contact us for a consultation and to discuss your plans or requirements for bespoke product development. We look forward to hearing from you!
Logistics companies in particular can benefit from these LUIS systems:
Turn assistants – safety when turning
No haulier, forwarding company or HGV fleet can operate without a state-of-the-art turn assistant. From 2022, the use of turn assistants will become mandatory in the European Union. LUIS TURN DETECT® is widely considered a pioneering turn assistant system. It is currently the only one of its kind to detect cyclists even in separate lanes or behind parking vehicles.
Rear view systems – Know what is behind you
Wired or wireless LUIS camera-monitor systems offer perfect visibility to the rear and into blind spots. Encrypted digital wireless technology ensures stable, low-interference operation. Our systems are easy to retrofit into existing driver assistance systems.
360-degree systems – guaranteed all-round visibility
Our 360-degree systems offer all-round visibility in every situation. Drivers in the logistics sector are able to keep track of their surroundings at all times. High-performance wide-angle cameras and an electronic control unit operate in combination to create a complete bird's-eye view in real time.
Telematics – perfect planning and disposition
Fleet management is about more than just safety issues. Logistics companies in particular face increasing requirements in terms of effectiveness and efficiency on a daily basis. The LUIS product range includes solutions such as mobile digital recorders, GPS trackers and innovative telematics systems (e. g. to measure cargo bays or monitor cold chains) to help facilitate fleet management. LUIS fleet management systems are integrated into data protection compliant and cost-effective software and cloud solutions.
LUIS camera systems for all types of logistics vehicles
Logistics companies are well aware that each vehicle type comes with its own challenges in terms of control and operation supported by camera systems. We offer a range of solutions that are adaptable to exactly meet the specific requirements of each type of logistics vehicle. As with all our products, you have a choice between standard solutions, individually adapted systems or even bespoke solutions developed to your specifications.
- LUIS Forklift wireless tine camera AHD
LUIS Forklift Wireless Tine Camera AHD with wireless technology. The purchase of the LUIS forklift truck monitor AHD (item no. 900525.AHD7.V1) is a prerequisite for the system to function. The complete system is available under article no. 900530.
- LUIS TURN DETECT® BMVI 7” monitorTurn assistant with ABE certification, eligible for German government funding.Details
Camera solutions for forklift trucks and cranes
Operating industrial trucks usually involves limited visibility, the movement of heavy loads and frequently chaotic, busy working environments. The movement of vehicles and people in often very confined spaces increases the risk of accidents. This requires highly efficient operating procedures to shift loads swiftly and effectively. Likewise, operating cranes requires safe access in order to move loads. The crane’s jib range must be monitored constantly.
The requirement profile for forklift trucks can be summarised as:
- Limited visibility – especially if loads are heavy – that needs to be optimised.
- Risk of damages when reversing or backing up the vehicle, and the need to mitigate that risk.
- All-round visibility is required for forklift drivers at all times.
- The risk of industrial truck accidents must be eliminated.
- Load acquisition needs to be swift and precise.
LUIS systems can be installed in various positions on forklift trucks and other industrial trucks, offering drivers an eye-level view of the load to be transported. Installing a camera system on the fork of a forklift truck would, for example, provide the operator with a direct eye-level view of the load. Proper handling of the load becomes far safer, and removal and/or storage is considerably accelerated. The position of the crane cabin can also be varied to allow for a more effective load access and ensure optimal visibility of the crane jib.
Camera systems for transporter vans
Transporter vans and light commercial vehicles used in the logistics sector pose the same requirements for excellent visibility as well as efficient and effective processes.
LUIS solutions meet the challenges that are typical for this segment:
- Rear view cameras and, upon request, an additional proactive alert system eliminate blind spots when reversing or parallel-parking.
- Lateral cameras offer enhanced safety when turning.
- Interior cameras help to monitor your valuable cargo.
- Front cameras can help to prevent collisions.
- Integration into a fleet management system facilitates the operation of a vehicle fleet.
- Customised solutions are available to meet the specific needs of individual logistics providers.
We are familiar with the particular requirements in the logistics sector, such as tight schedules, occupational health and safety, subsidy schemes, operational and management issues as well as advanced safety provisions.
- LUIS brake light camera for Renault Master, Opel (Vauxhall) Movano, Nissan NV400LUIS rear view camera designed specifically for Renault Master, Opel (Vauxhall) Movano and Nissan NV400, integrated in the third brake light for simple and rapid fitting on your vehicleDetails
- Brake light camera for FIAT Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Jumper (Relay)LUIS rear view camera designed specifically for FIAT Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Jumper (Relay), integrated in the third brake light for simple and rapid fitting on your vehicle.Details
Whether for a haulier, goods administrator, logistics provider, crane erector, port operator or any other type of goods forwarder – we can offer solutions to help supervise and operate logistics services efficiently. We provide expert advice and consultancy and offer options tailored to your specific requirements as well as standard solutions.