solutions for forklift trucks and cranes
Operating industrial trucks usually involves limited visibility, the movement of heavy loads and frequently chaotic, busy working environments. The movement of vehicles and people in often very confined spaces increases the risk of accidents. This requires highly efficient operating procedures to shift loads swiftly and effectively. Likewise, operating cranes requires safe access in order to move loads. The crane’s jib range must be monitored constantly.
The requirement profile for forklift trucks can be summarised as:
- Limited visibility – especially if loads are heavy – that needs to be optimised.
- Risk of damages when reversing or backing up the vehicle, and the need to mitigate that risk.
- All-round visibility is required for forklift drivers at all times.
- The risk of industrial truck accidents must be eliminated.
- Load acquisition needs to be swift and precise.
LUIS systems can be installed in various positions on forklift trucks and other industrial trucks, offering drivers an eye-level view of the load to be transported. Installing a camera system on the fork of a forklift truck would, for example, provide the operator with a direct eye-level view of the load. Proper handling of the load becomes far safer, and removal and/or storage is considerably accelerated. The position of the crane cabin can also be varied to allow for a more effective load access and ensure optimal visibility of the crane jib.