Subscribe to the LUIS Technology newsletter now and keep up-to-date with the latest developments.
OPTIMAL VISIBILITY FOR FARMERS:
CAMERA-MONITOR SYSTEMS FOR USE IN AGRICULTURE
The safety equipment for agricultural machinery must meet a wide range of requirements. Whether in the field, in the farmyard or on a country road, whether a combined harvester, tractor or chaff cutter – reliable all-round visibility is essential for safety and economic efficiency.
Otherwise, blind spots can quickly lead to genuine danger. Potential personal injuries and property damages represent a high liability risk for farmers. Additionally, farmers usually work under enormous time pressure, and often when visibility is less than ideal. In order to manage a farm efficiently, agricultural machines are frequently deployed the dark. All of these factors increase the risk of accidents even further.
Farmers are also subject to increasingly stringent conditions designed to ensure environmental protection and animal welfare. Among other things, there is a requirement to monitor young animals present in their fields in certain seasons.
To comply with these various requirements, farmers, and their agricultural machinery, need one thing above all: Optimal, all-round visibility. Wide camera angles, night vision technology and robust touchscreens from LUIS can reveal what otherwise stays concealed.
- Agricultural camera set for smartphone and tabletLUIS agricultural camera system for iOS and AndroidDetails
- LUIS Professional camera with 40° viewing angleThe top-selling rear view camera – the LUIS Professional camera (910120) with extra-narrow 40° viewing angle for long-distance visibility.Details
- LUIS Heavy Duty 360° system360° system for a full bird’s-eye view of the vehicle, with robust camera housing and advanced featuresDetails
LUIS camera systems for use in agriculture – all-round visibility at all times
Turn assistants – safety when turning
There is an increased risk of accidents if drivers are forced to turn into streets with limited visibility, for example due to long front structures. When turning, it is easy to overlook other road users such as cyclists. Fatal accidents are sadly not an uncommon consequence.
From 2022, the use of turn assistants will become mandatory in the European Union. LUIS TURN DETECT® is widely considered a pioneering turn assistant system. It is currently the only one of its kind to detect cyclists even in separate lanes or behind parking vehicles.
Rear view systems – Know what is behind you
Our wired and wireless systems have a modular structure. They can be combined in an unlimited number of ways to suit your specific purposes. Unable to find a suitable solution among our tried-and-trusted serial products? We design your own, bespoke solution according to your instructions and manufacture it in the desired quantity, including in small batches if required. Our products offer visibility for every required viewing range, compliance with IP classes and resilience against all types of weather conditions. We can also design the casing in accordance with your ideas and specifications. Our wireless systems additionally allow for acquired images to be transmitted to other agricultural machines that are currently in use. Encrypted digital wireless technology ensures stable, low-interference operation.
LUIS camera systems help farmers to deploy agricultural machines such as tractors and harvesters economically, efficiently and safely. Consider, for example, these fairly common scenarios:
1. Reversing large agricultural machines can result in blind spots. If people or objects behind the vehicle are not visible to the driver, the risk of accidents increases sharply.
2. Coupling and decoupling trailers is far more time-consuming if visibility towards the rear of the vehicle is impaired. Additionally, insufficient rear visibility can result in damage when coupling trailers.
3. Reliable visibility of cross traffic is vital when driving large vehicles into intersecting roads, for example when exiting a farmyard.
360-degree systems – guaranteed all-round visibility
Our 360-degree systems ensure all-round visibility in every situation, eliminating the typical stress and visibility issues associated with handling large agricultural machines and facilitating economic, efficient operation. Farmers can see what is happening behind and around their vehicles at all times. LUIS solutions also facilitate easy and convenient monitoring of the vehicle load status to avoid overloading.
Telematics for enhanced security
Large agricultural machines represent valuable working capital. Surveillance is needed to safeguard them against theft. Our mobile digital recorders record all relevant visual and safety data. In an emergency, these records can help to determine liability claims or investigate theft.
Additionally, we offer farmers the basic components for fleet management to deploy their machinery fleets in the agricultural sector. Among other things, this includes predictive maintenance.
What are the benefits of using LUIS safety systems in agriculture?
LUIS products offer many benefits to farmers, for example
- individual components and modules can be used in any combination. The same applies to the positioning of cameras. Large agricultural machines can differ considerably in their structure and setup. Providing lateral and rear visibility is a challenge. LUIS systems allow for optimal positioning of cameras and monitors in line with the requirements of each individual vehicle.
- LUIS systems are top-of-the-line in terms of technical capabilities and development. LUIS turn assistant systems, for example, can even detect cyclists in separate lanes or concealed by other vehicles.
- mobile digital recorders allow for the recording of relevant safety data at all times. Farmers enjoy the peace of mind of having a complete record for reference in case of an accident involving outside parties.
- farmers have a choice between either cabled or wireless systems, depending on their individual requirements. If, for example, a farmer is using several agricultural vehicles simultaneously, wireless communication technology can be used to broadcast information to each individual vehicle in range. Any potential danger can be communicated swiftly, and effective steps can be taken to avoid it.
- LUIS fleet management system components can be used to manage entire fleets of agricultural machines economically and efficiently.
- night vision options facilitate effective operations even in the dark, extending available working hours.
- robust technical components such as hard-wearing monitors and components compliant with the relevant IP classes withstand the often challenging conditions in the agricultural sector.
Further benefits of LUIS systems
Do you require a specific solution for visibility or control issues in an agricultural environment?
We can offer you more than just our tried-and-trusted standard products and solutions. We look forward to collaborating with you to plan and design a solution that exactly meets your specifications. Customer-specific designs are just one part of our comprehensive service offering.
As a farmer looking to deploy camera-monitor systems, you also benefit from
- comprehensive technical consultancy.
- highest quality standards and a supervised, high-end production process for all LUIS components.
- on-site installation.
- 48 months warranty.
- low-cost insurance premiums and subsidy schemes.
Always operate large agricultural machines safely and efficiently: Please contact us for a consultation and to discuss your plans or requirements for bespoke product development. We look forward to hearing from you!