Subscribe to the LUIS Technology newsletter now and keep up-to-date with the latest developments.
LUIS TURN DETECT® BMVI 7” monitor for municipal vehicles
Turn assistant with ABE certification, eligible for German government funding.
OEM and large projects
LUIS TURN DETECT® turn assistant with 7” monitor, GPS, turn angle sensor and camera mount.
The LUIS TURN DETECT® complies with the requirements of the recommendations of the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) for turn assistants:
- Detection area of at least 2.5 m x 6 m
- Activation via turn signal (indicator) and speed (GPS). Adjustable speed range.
- Differentiation between moving objects such as cyclists and static objects (such as parked cars, etc.)
- Two-level warning: optical-only warning for cyclists in the danger zone and additional acoustic warning due to indicator activation and/or steering angle
- Driver notification of malfunctions (e.g. camera fault)
A general operating permit (Allgemeine Betriebserlaubnis – ABE) has been granted by the German Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA), independently of the vehicle type. However, an installation area for the camera sensors must be observed:
- Minimum installation height of 1.80 m (maximum 4 m)
- Distance from vehicle front min. 1 m /max. 6 m
An additional control output (I/O) can be used to activate external alarms (e.g. an LED warning light, side marker lights).
The system includes a wide-angle camera, the control box, a GPS module, a buzzer, a steering angle sensor, a camera mount, the LUIS Professional 7” monitor and the required cables.
You are welcome to have our fitters install the system for you.
All components of the LUIS TURN DETECT® turn assistant are of course subject to a comprehensive and strict quality assurance process with routine inspections of each individual item at every key stage of production.
You will also receive the usual 48-month warranty on this LUIS system.
The LUIS TURN DETECT® turn assistant is exclusively an information and warning system which merely supports the driver of a vehicle. At no time does the system assume or replace the obligations or functions of a driver in any way. The driver of the vehicle remains fully responsible for driving the vehicle, fulfilling their obligations regarding safe driving, and complying with the legal road safety requirements.
Once the system has been installed, it must be approved by a technical test centre.